[Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:33:10 -0700

> As you know, that $3000 ($3348) is only a small portion of the actual
> "tuition" costs for a UI student.  Add in an estimated $1248 for books and
> supplies plus the state portion (seen it listed somewhere, but could not
> find it) and you would be well above the $8772 for MSD.

Shawn,

You are absolutely correct about this.

My point was not that the $3,000 (or $10,000) was the *total* cost for a UI
education (there's housing; food; books; etc).

Rather, my point was that as an order of magnitude, the cost for a UI
education is not far off from what we're paying for an MSD education --
especially considering that one is for a B.A. and the other for an
elementary "degree".

Best,
Dale