[Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:05:36 -0700

Donovan wrote
> Dale, yes, there are a great deal of things that makes Moscow different
then
> the rest of the educational systems in Idaho. But I think good! Moscow is
> not the same as the rest of Idaho and that is precisely why I love it and
> what makes it my home. I don't want Moscow to be like the average city in
> Idaho for education like you are wanting to do.

ROTFL! You think I want our children to receive an education like either MSD
or Idaho is putting out? You've *got* to be kidding me? Why would I want to
handicap our future generations like that?

No, Donovan, I want to maximize the education that our children receive. By
only focusing on a government-provided education, it is *you* who have
forced what we have seen in the stats I've provided: runaway expenses in
spite of runaway students (pardon the pun).

It's foolhardy to demonize those in favor of educational choice as being
anti-education. We want parents to have the right to educate their children
as they best see fit -- and for the biggest bang for the buck. Demonize
that!

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho