[Vision2020] MSD Pay and Tenure--a reply

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:49:00 -0700

> Everyone knows that you can cut education and save taxpayers money. BIG
> DEAL!. We can also cut fire department spending, law enforcement, road
> maintenance, parks, and sewage maintenance. SO what, yes ya can! But can
you
> do it without cutting services, if you can, then write it down, otherwise,
> you are doing nothing but whining and not providing anything new.

If Moscow's population were to decrease from 28,000 people to 23,000 people
over the course of 10 years, would you be in favor of increasing
inflation-adjusted spending by 100% to the fire department, law enforcement,
road maintenance, parks, sewage maintenance, ...?

That's the relative numbers that the MSD has downsized in the last 10 years.

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho