[Vision2020] US Government booted out of your bedroom

Melynda Huskey melyndah@wsu.edu
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:24:43 -0700

Actually, those of us who could have been prosecuted under the Idaho
statute are grateful today to that Texas prosecutor:  thanks to his
homophobia, we ultimately triumphed.  Raise those champagne glasses high!

There are at this very moment people in jail who were prosecuted and
sentenced under sodomy laws around the country--and others who appear on
sex offender registries and are barred from holding state licenses, etc,.
because they were sexually active with another consenting adult in the
privacy of their homes.  From where I sit, there's no waste at all.  You
might not have been worried, Dan, but some of us had to be.

Melynda Huskey