[Vision2020] Killing Homeschooling in Idaho

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:43:55 -0700

Don wrote:

> I would tend to think that you would think this is a GOOD thing. If a
child
> who stays at home is not even meeting the minimum standards of a grade
level
> that you think is very low, why should a child stay in an environment that
> gives him/her no advantages? Do you not care about the quality of
education
> a child is receiving?

Don, I'm an educator and have been for the last 16 years. I *do* care about
the quality of education. That's why I think it only fair that the same
standard that's trying to be foistered upon homeschoolers (of which I am
*not* one) should be applied to government schools.

If a government school child also performs below the standard, then the
parents should be given a voucher/tax incentive to send that child to a
school where they can accel.

The principle is called parity: what's good for the goose is good for the
gander.

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho