[Vision2020] Religious Diversity Education

Luke lukenieuwsma@softhome.net
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:00:30 -0700

Mr. Arnold,

>This is not the position I am taking. I saying everyone is wrong, nobody is
right. So >who is to judge? That is different then saying everyone is right.
They are all only >correct in their attempts to worship God.

Wait a minute; you're saying that everyone is wrong, but you are right in
saying that everyone is wrong. But if you're right that everyone is wrong,
then you are wrong too, so everyone is not wrong.

>"how can you avoid the conflictions between belief and belief when people
live out >what they believe?"
>I know of no person that is able to follow through fully on what they
believe. If they >could, they wouldn't be human.  The conflict happens when
people are unwilling to >accept that the other person may be correct at
least some of the time and they are >wrong some of the time.

I am fully willing to admit that I, being human, am wrong at times. However,
God's Word is not; so if I  believe what it clearly says, then I am not
wrong.

>open to help them make those corrections. If you knew other religions you
would >know that  most concepts about religion are the same. Believe in God.
Worship God. >Follow God's rules. It is only the perception of God that is
different. Who has a mind >great enough to fully comprehend all aspects of
God?

You now admit that we are to follow God's rules. But what are God's rules,
Mr. Arnold? What basis do you have for judging morality, for judging truth?
You do a lot of both those things, so what is your foundation?

>I suggest that considering that you know very little, as do I,  in
comparison to what the >rest of the world knows that you listen more then
you talk, or at least consider that >others know as much or more then you
and try to learn from it rather then assuming >you know more then any 1
billion people do in any religion, in yours or not.

People may know lots of falsities, but massive amounts of knowledge don't
verify anything. Simply knowing thousands of folk legends about unicorns
doesn't make it any more likely that there are or were unicorns in real
life.
To further illustrate the point, if someone wrote down twelve volumes of
mathematical numbers of the following:
1 + 0 = 2
1 + 1 = 3
1 + 2 = 4
etc...
Even if you memorized all twelve volumes of false mathematics, they are
still false, and it doesn't get you anywhere.

Sincerely,
Luke Nieuwsma