[Vision2020] Kempthorne

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:10:46 -0700

Visionaries:

Sigh.  Dirk Kempthorne as EPA chief.

Looking on the good side of a bad plan, I suppose just having him out
of Idaho is a plus.

As old and jaded politically as I am, I still felt compelled to send an
email to the White House last month (Which I know full well that no one
will read...). It pointed out that Teddy Roosevelt was a Republican,
and that if Dubya wanted to build a lasting legacy for his
administration, emulating T.R. and his passionate defense of the
environment for future generations and against the "Old Guard"
Republicans, who were owned in fee simple by Big Business, was the
smart way to go.

I know that it won't do much good, given the current
pro-business/anti-environment attitude in the GOP, but I had to take a
shot.  At least it made me feel better.

And how could Jim Risch be any worse than "Old Do-Nothing"?  Looks like
a wash to me...

Regards,

Don Kaag