[Vision2020] Usenet USA Libel Suit?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 05:05:18 +0000

Dale et.  al.

The case you reference regarding libel for a Usenet post is from England
which oddly does not provide the same legal protections for free speech as
our First Amendment does here in the USA.

Please do provide a court case within the USA where libel in a Usenet forum
has been successfully pursued.  I have seen very abusive content on Usenet
newsgroups yet have yet to hear of a successful libel suit.

Ted