[Vision2020] Fraud Alert

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:57:37 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4-763646145

Visionaries:

Sorry if my response to this thread is a bit overdue, but I just did a=20=

16 hour "iron butt" marathon back to Moscow from the annual Red Rocks=20
BMW Motorcycle Rally in southern Utah, and am plodding through my email=20=

(...and sitting gingerly upon my chair...).

I got one of the fraudulent emails purportedly from Best Buy, too.  I=20
called them.  They were very helpful.  I think Bob is wrong about them=20=

trying to stimulate business, given that the netsite allowing you to=20
order items via the web is currently down, assumedly so that Best Buy=20
can work the hacking problem.

I was completely satisfied with their explanation, and impressed that=20
they were able to track the hacking and shut down the site within two=20
hours.

Although I have not purchased much from them, I am impressed with their=20=

customer service... I had a live person on the phone within three=20
minutes of calling them, she was up-to-speed on the problem, courteous,=20=

and efficient.

Regards,

Don Kaag

On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 01:19 PM, Sunil Ramalingam wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Who cares if it's deceptive?=A0 BestBuy has such neat fun stuff!=A0 =
They=20
> really are the Best!
>
> Sunil

<image.tiff>

> Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.=

--Apple-Mail-4-763646145

Visionaries:

Sorry if my response to this thread is a bit overdue, but I just did a
16 hour "iron butt" marathon back to Moscow from the annual Red Rocks
BMW Motorcycle Rally in southern Utah, and am plodding through my
email (...and sitting gingerly upon my chair...).

I got one of the fraudulent emails purportedly from Best Buy, too.  I
called them.  They were very helpful.  I think Bob is wrong about them
trying to stimulate business, given that the netsite allowing you to
order items via the web is currently down, assumedly so that Best Buy
can work the hacking problem. =20

I was completely satisfied with their explanation, and impressed that
they were able to track the hacking and shut down the site within two
hours.

Although I have not purchased much from them, I am impressed with
their customer service... I had a live person on the phone within
three minutes of calling them, she was up-to-speed on the problem,
courteous, and efficient.

Regards,

Don Kaag

Who cares if it's deceptive?=A0 BestBuy has such neat fun stuff!=A0 They
really are the Best!

Sunil

</excerpt>=20

<excerpt>