[Vision2020] Radio Free Moscow Receives Construction Permit

Radio Free Moscow announcements@radiofreemoscow.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:35:44 -0700

--Apple-Mail-7--137666289

Contact Garrett Clevenger, 883-7965
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0       Leigh Robartes, 892-9299
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0       Bob Hoffmann, 883-0642
Date: 6/12/03

Radio Free Moscow, Inc. has announced a significant milestone in its=20
effort to bring a locally produced, nonprofit community radio station=20
to the airwaves.=A0 On May 30, the Federal Communications Commission=20
awarded the local group a permit to construct the station.=A0 According=20=

to RFM board member Leigh Robartes, "The permit to construct allows us=20=

to physically build the radio station and begin test broadcasts.=A0 We=20=

have 18 months to begin broadcasting and request final licensing from=20
the FCC.=A0 The sooner we raise enough money to cover our start-up =
costs,=20
though, the sooner we can begin broadcasting ."

The local grassroots group has been organizing and fundraising for over=20=

two years, and is now preparing a major fundraising drive to pay for=20
start-up expenses and the first year's operating costs.=A0 "We have=20
$13,000 dollars in the bank already," stated RFM treasurer Garrett=20
Clevenger.=A0 "Our budget through the first year of operation is between=20=

$20,000 and $30,000, so we are well on our way.=A0 In addition to=20
traditional fundraisers and grant applications, we are launching our=20
$100 Founders' Club drive.=A0 Anyone who donates $100 or more during our=20=

construction phase will receive special recognition as being a Founder=20=

of Radio Free Moscow."

Robartes says the radio station will be located in downtown Moscow,=20
providing a boost to revitalization efforts.=A0 With a frequency of 92.5=20=

FM, the station should easily reach most residents of Moscow, and will=20=

also extend to outlying areas, including Pullman.

Board member Bob Hoffmann notes the benefits that the new station will=20=

bring to the area.=A0 "In this day of unprecedented media consolidation,=20=

Moscow will have its own community radio station, a station that cannot=20=

be bought or sold by the new media empires.=A0 We will provide access to=20=

local groups and citizens who have no voice on the major networks."

Radio Free Moscow is a nonprofit, listener-supported community radio=20
station serving Moscow, Idaho. Radio Free Moscow is dedicated to=20
broadcasting progressive news and opinions, civic affairs, diverse=20
music and other programming not normally available from mainstream=20
media outlets.=A0 Radio Free Moscow is characterized by volunteer=20
involvement in all aspects of station operation.

All donations to Radio Free Moscow are tax-deductible.

Radio Free Moscow has received grants from Foundation Northwest, the=20
Latah County Community Foundation, and the Moscow Food Co-op.

For more information, visit the Radio Free Moscow Web site,=20
www.radiofreemoscow.com.=A0 You can read more about the project, see the=20=

FCC permit, and stream audio content that RFM has already produced.

--Apple-Mail-7--137666289

significant milestone in its effort to bring a locally produced,
nonprofit community radio station to the airwaves.=A0 On May 30, the
Federal Communications Commission awarded the local group a permit to
construct the station.=A0 According to RFM board member Leigh Robartes,
"The permit to construct allows us to physically build the radio
station and begin test broadcasts.=A0 We have 18 months to begin
broadcasting and request final licensing from the FCC.=A0 The sooner we
raise enough money to cover our start-up costs, though, the sooner we

The local grassroots group has been organizing and fundraising for
over two years, and is now preparing a major fundraising drive to pay
for start-up expenses and the first year's operating costs.=A0 "We have
[...]

cannot be bought or sold by the new media empires.=A0 We will provide
access to local groups and citizens who have no voice on the major

Radio Free Moscow is a nonprofit, listener-supported community radio
station serving Moscow, Idaho. Radio Free Moscow is dedicated to
broadcasting progressive news and opinions, civic affairs, diverse
music and other programming not normally available from mainstream
media outlets.=A0 Radio Free Moscow is characterized by volunteer
involvement in all aspects of station operation.

All donations to Radio Free Moscow are tax-deductible.

Radio Free Moscow has received grants from Foundation Northwest, the
Latah County Community Foundation, and the Moscow Food Co-op.

For more information, visit the Radio Free Moscow Web
www.radiofreemoscow.com</color></underline>.=A0
You can read more about the project, see the FCC permit, and stream

--Apple-Mail-7--137666289--