[Vision2020] David Brinkley

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:10:16 -0700

I just heard on NPR that David Brinkley died last night.  Does anyone
remember when Huntley-Brinkley was only 15 minutes long, and it was regarded
as a big gamble to expand a newscast to a whopping 30 minutes?  Broadcasters
and advertisers thought no one would want to sit through a full half hour of
news.  Does remembering this make me officially old?

                                  Carl Westberg Jr.