[Vision2020] Doilies (Humor)

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:35:25 GMT

Just a little humor to clean up the air.

---------------------

As a new bride, Edna moved into the small home on her husband's ranch.
She put a shoe box on a shelf in her closet and asked her husband never
to touch it.

For fifty years Jack left the box alone, until Edna was old and dying.
One day when he was putting their affairs in order, he found the box
again and thought it might hold something important.

Opening it, he found two doilies and $82,500 in cash. He took the box
to Edna and asked about the contents. "My mother gave me that box the
day we married," she explained. "She told me to make a doily to help
ease my frustrations every time I got mad at you."

Jack was very touched that in 50 years she'd only been mad at him twice.

"What's the $82,500 for?" he asked.

"Oh, that's the money I made selling the doilies."

Take care,

Tom Hansen
SFC, US Army (Retired)
UI '96