[Vision2020] Vision2020 Diplomacy

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:19:15 +0000

Visionaries:

My simple point about using simpler e-mail formats for vision2020 posts to
lessen the impact on bandwidth and storage, and avoid clogging peoples
inboxes, was turned into a personalized contest, a debate over an certain
"issue" I never really attempted to debate.

I was attempting, rather unsuccessfully it appears, to suggest to the list
that people use an e-mail format that reduces post size when doing this will
not impede communication.

Sometimes a graph that takes a lot of kilobytes might be required!

But I think for the overall health of the list it is a reasonable suggestion
to use plain text e-mail for most posts.

I should not have made reference to any specific person's use of HTML
intensive e-mail on vision2020, to avoid ruffling any feathers.

A diplomat sometimes I am NOT!

Ted