[Vision2020] First Step Tech Examines Dale's 38 K Post

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston@turbonet.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 00:43:58 -0700

I enjoyed reading Mr. Courtney's graphs, which were not especially large
files -- as far as downloading them by my dial-up telephone link to Turbonet
was concerned -- and I would recommend that he and others continue using
them.  His message downloaded far quicker than a picture -- which is a much
larger drain/bottleneck in terms of bandwidth -- and I think the graphics
are better than a word description.

How much slower than my 56 k telephone modem can the mechanism for
downloading be in the computers of you complainers?  A primitive, early to
mid '90s modem at 28k would only be half as slow as mine.

Mr. Courtney and I don't always agree, but he expresses himself clearly and
thoughtfully, and in my opinion, his messages, even with judiciously chosen
graphics, are appropriate for this list.  Frankly, I'd rather read his
presentations, even if I disagree with them, than spend as much time as I do
hitting the delete button to avoid reading some of the repetitive posters
who so love to see themselves in print.

I recommend that we not revert to stone knives and bearskins.

Bruce Livingston