[Vision2020] Fed Educational Funding

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:28:11 -0700

<P>Mr Hansen,</P>
<P>I strongly suggest that you take another history course with a different teacher or start talking to some other people in the area of the law. Article VI simple states that all laws on the federal level are higher then laws made in the states in that they are not in violation of the Constitution. The Constitution DOES reserve certain rights to states. The federal government can't pass laws over or in violation of this even though its laws are higher. If you knew your history you would also know that the X amendment was created to clarify this "supposed contradiction" that people were concerned about between the IX Amendment and Article VI of the Constitution, question being,"How can states have rights if all laws by the Federal Government are higher then the states laws?". Rather then giving you a 3 month debate of the&nbsp;Constitution and the rights involved, I simple gave&nbsp;the short version. Just as if someone asked if Alcohol was legal in the United States. I coul!
 d simple say "no" or I could give you a history between Jan. 16, 1919 and Dec. 5, 1933 and all the legalities behind it. I choose to make it as uncomplicated as possible for you. If you want I really get into all the complications for you and list out about 5 court cases of boring legal documentation. It would take about 5 days to read it all. If you want it let me know, it takes about five minutes to get it for you. One other comment, "Our Forefathers" did not all have the same intentions. Some wanted a federalist government, others wanted a very weak federalist government and strong state governments. Thus created the Federalist Party and the Anti-Federalist Party. </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Thanks!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Donovan J Arnold</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Tom Hansen" <THANSEN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: <THANSEN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>, <JOHNBHARRELL@YAHOO.COM>, <CJSNIGHTCLUB@AOL.COM>, <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Fed Educational Funding
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 05:59:36 -0700
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Donovan Arnold states:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"The tenth amendment also states that all rights not defined or prohibited
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;by the constitution are reserved to the people. Or in other words, the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;people can make laws that are not in direct violation with US Constitution."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Mr. Arnold: You obviously failed to read Article VI of the US Constitution.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;It reads:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;" . . . This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I believe that this is not a contradiction. We had discussed this in a
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;couple of US History courses I have attended. Our forefathers' intentions
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;were, to put it in laymens' terms, to relay all rights not deined within the
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;US Constitution to the individual states, provided that any laws or
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;constitutions established within the individual states are not in violation
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;with the US Constitution, the "supreme law of the land".
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;