[Vision2020] Fed Educational Funding

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 05:59:36 -0700

Donovan Arnold states:

"The tenth amendment also states that all rights not defined or prohibited
by the constitution are reserved to the people. Or in other words, the
people can make laws that are not in direct violation with US Constitution."

Mr. Arnold:  You obviously failed to read Article VI of the US Constitution.
It reads:

" . . . This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be
made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made,
under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the
land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the
Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

I believe that this is not a contradiciton.  We had discussed this in a
couple of US History courses I have attended.  Our forefathrs' intentions
were, to put it in laymens' terms, to relay all rights not deined within the
US Constitution to the individual states, provided that any laws or
constitutions established within the individual states are not in violation
with the US Constitution, the "supreme law of the land".

Tom Hansen
Moscow