[Vision2020] re: Logical Error! Letter to the Editor:

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:32:00 -0700

--Apple-Mail-2--325258252

Phil:

Like you, I chose to live here, and knew that it would cost some
sacrifices.  That was O.K. with my wife and I, as we wanted to raise
our daughter in a town like Moscow.

New Jersey has a governor, not a mayor, and I am sure that the governor
of New Jersey makes a lot more money than does the governor of Idaho.
Not that size or population is the determining factor---the governor of
Texas used to make $12,000 a year, and today the Texas governor's
salary  is still one of the lowest in the country.

Ditto police chief.  New Jersey doesn't have one--police power at the
state level is generally under the State Attorney General, but I am
sure that the police chief of a town in Jersey of a comparable size to
Moscow makes more money.

So long as I have a roof over my families' heads and food on the table
and a way to get around ( a 30 year-old VW Camper...most of the kids at
Moscow High have newer cars than I do...), I will survive.

What I will not do is to sit still and let people run down my
profession, the job I do, and suggest that it is not a "real" job, and
because I am a teacher, somehow my university Masters degree and all of
my post-graduate credits have less worth than someone else's in a
non-teaching job.

While it is true that, as Dale Courtney posted, "History majors are a
dime a dozen", I submit to you that most of them would make lousy
teachers, and have no desire to do my job.

Regards,

Don Kaag

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 09:52 AM, Cjsnightclub@aol.com wrote:

> Augh ...... Don,
>
> You think the Mayor of New Jersey gets paid the same as Mayor
> Comstock? Do you think the police chief of New Jersey is paid the same
> as Dan Weaver? We can go on....... We all make sacrifices to be in
> Moscow. If you want more pay, you know where to go.
>

> Phil

--Apple-Mail-2--325258252

Phil:

Like you, I chose to live here, and knew that it would cost some
sacrifices.  That was O.K. with my wife and I, as we wanted to raise
our daughter in a town like Moscow.

New Jersey has a governor, not a mayor, and I am sure that the
governor of New Jersey makes a lot more money than does the governor
of Idaho.  Not that size or population is the determining factor---the
governor of Texas used to make $12,000 a year, and today the Texas
governor's salary  is still one of the lowest in the country.

Ditto police chief.  New Jersey doesn't have one--police power at the
state level is generally under the State Attorney General, but I am
sure that the police chief of a town in Jersey of a comparable size to
Moscow makes more money.

So long as I have a roof over my families' heads and food on the table
and a way to get around ( a 30 year-old VW Camper...most of the kids
at Moscow High have newer cars than I do...), I will survive.

What I will not do is to sit still and let people run down my
profession, the job I do, and suggest that it is not a "real" job, and
because I am a teacher, somehow my university Masters degree and all
of my post-graduate credits have less worth than someone else's in a
non-teaching job.

While it is true that, as Dale Courtney posted, "History majors are a
dime a dozen", I submit to you that most of them would make lousy
teachers, and have no desire to do my job.

Regards,

Don Kaag

You think the Mayor of New Jersey gets paid the same as Mayor
Comstock? Do you think the police chief of New Jersey is paid the same
as Dan Weaver? We can go on....... We all make sacrifices to be in
Moscow. If you want more pay, you know where to go.

Phil

</smaller></fontfamily>

</excerpt>
--Apple-Mail-2--325258252--