[Vision2020] re: Logical Error! Letter to the Editor: Teacher salary article

Bill London london@moscow.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:38:33 -0700

--------------DEC018E1377034737FF6EE57

Phil-
You repeated that tired old line denigrating teachers (if you can't do,
you teach)...
Everytime I hear that I wonder, did the speaker ever try teaching?
Did you ever stand in front of 25 squirming 8 year olds, about 25% of
whom do not speak English at home (that's the reality in today's
classrooms) and try to break through the TV/video/celebrity haze to
educate and enlighten?
Yeah, me neither.
I am not a teacher.  And the main reason is that I know I could not do
that work.  Teaching kids is about the hardest job I can envision.
And teachers deserve our thanks and praise--not mean-spirited comments
like yours.
BL

Cjsnightclub@aol.com wrote:

> Ted,
>
>   I do not know of one single teacher that was *forced* at gunpoint to
> "choose" their profession. Granted, their might be some truth to those
> who cannot do, teach.
>
> Phil

--------------DEC018E1377034737FF6EE57

Phil-
do, you teach)...
of whom do not speak English at home (that's the reality in today's classrooms)
and try to break through the TV/video/celebrity haze to educate and enlighten?
not do that work.&nbsp; Teaching kids is about the hardest job I can envision.
like yours.
teacher that was *forced* at gunpoint to "choose" their profession. Granted,
their might be some truth to those who cannot do, teach.</font></font>

--------------DEC018E1377034737FF6EE57--