[Vision2020] Water question

Saundra Lund sslund@moscow.com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:55:47 -0700

Hi Ms. Sullivan,

I can't answer your questions, but I'm wondering about water, too . . .

Are businesses subject to the same outdoor irrigation regulations as
residential customers?  The reason I ask is that over the past couple of
days, I've been out & about in the afternoons (*well* before 6 PM) and
have seen a couple of businesses, which shall remain nameless, watering
to beat the band, with automatic mist-type (most prone to evaporative
loss) sprinkler systems during the hottest part of the day.

I know the mandatory restrictions are new, but the voluntary hours of
restricting outdoor irrigation to the hours between 6 PM and 9 AM have
been in effect for over a month now.

So, are businesses exempt from the outdoor irrigation restrictions?
Inquiring minds want to know . . .

Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of JSullivan
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2003 5:24 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Water question

  Please excuse me if this question has been asked before.

Today, as I left Wal-Mart at around 3:30 pm, I noticed over a dozen
sprinklers running at the U of I on the hill above the Water treatment
plant. Is this reused water from the treatment plant, or fresh water fom
the aquifer? Why are they watering during the day? Will they get cited
like the rest of us?

I just heard on the news (channel 2) that this is the hottest, driest
summer on record for the last 40 years. Might this be the cause of more
water usage, despite the new regulations?

Janesta Sullivan