[Vision2020] city tazes

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:50:05 -0700

It is a money maker for Boise Cascade which contracts the paper, which is
fine. the rollover is pointless because if people only use 300 sheets giving
them 700 the next semester is kind of pointless don't you think? The
University paper purchased is consdered a "academic support service" so the
students are buying the paper they don't use. A better way of handeling the
situtation is to alot students different amounts of paper based on the
courses they are taking. I would give students their money back and allow
them to buy the paper at a fixed rate per 50 pages. At the end of the year
if they don't use all the paper give the money back if they are not
re-enrolling, or turn it over the next year. I am all for the government
helping us out, but mircomanaging individual student paper usuage is a
little over the top. Next will be toilet paper. We will be required to buy
100 rolls of toilet paper and if we don't use it all we will be able to roll
it over to a next semester. It will be called a student support service and
the fee will increase at 10% a year. Of course like all other student
services Idaho Taxpayers will have to pay 2/3 the cost of the service and
students will qualify for more in student loans and scholarships to help pay
for it. Give me a break. Where does it end?

Donovan J Arnold