[Vision2020] city tazes

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:43:57 -0700

Ron wrote:

"The use of the Vandal card as a "cash card" is strictly voluntary--students
>are not required to have cash in the system. Its use off-campus has
>repeatedly been vetoed by Idaho banking corporations."

Wrong and Wrong.

Students living in the Resident Halls are required to purchase Flex Dollars
in their rent that is included in the Meal Plan and put on the Vandal Card.
You are fooled by the vocabulary used by the University. They change the
name from Vandal Dollars to Flex Dollars. The Average student chooses Meal
Plan B which is $340 in Flex. That is $840,000 total. Also, all students
that don't use their flex dollars by the end of the Semester lose it. That
is if you have 20 Block means and $50 on the card at the end of the Semester
you lose it all, your balance goes to $0. Want a fee meal, go the Wallace
Complex the last week of the Semester, students will buy you meal because
they will lose it anyway. Please Read:

http://resnet.uidaho.edu/other_rates_03-04.htm
www.argonaut.uidaho.edu/archives/091002/news6.html - 10k - Cached
resnet.uidaho.edu/Docs/GiddyUpWelcome.pdf
www.argonaut.uidaho.edu/archives/091002/newsindex.html
resnet.uidaho.edu/Docs/GiddyUpWelcome.pdf

The campus card was not vetoed by Banking. Banking doesn't have a vote
nonetheless a veto, in the House Legislature. Representative Tom Trail
withdrew the bill based on an agreement between the Students and the Banks
that the University has blocked. We may have to return to the legislation.

Thanks!

Donovan J Arnold