[Vision2020] Re: Bible. Was Bible in school

Ralph Nielsen nielsen@uidaho.edu
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:48:43 -0700

Mr. John Harrell,
	Unlike Thomas Jefferson, I have never had any desire to edit any
existing version of the Bible. I read them all. The editor of one
edition of the so-called Jefferson Bible is Forrest Church, the son of
the late Senator Frank Church of Idaho.
	I do however recommend The Complete Gospels. Annotated scholars
version. Robert J. Miller, editor. (HarperSanFrancisco, c1992). It
contains the 4 canonical gospels, including additions to Mark and John,
plus the Sayings Gospel Q, the long-buried Gospel of Thomas, and
various other gospels and fragments. They are all translated into
contemporary American English with introductions and footnotes.
	Ralph Nielsen