[Vision2020] Attacks Not From Saddam Loyalists?

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:56:27 +0000

Visionaries:

Five US troops now killed in attacks since Saddam's sons killed.

The spin we get from the Bush administration is that Saddam loyalists are
the source of the attacks against US troops.  Of course the Bush
administration wants to make what really is an ongoing war, though Bush
declared the major combat phase over, seem to be about the evil Saddam
regime, not a war against the Iraq people who are not accepting our plans to
bring "democracy" to Iraq.

But what about forces in Iraq who just do not want their country or clan or
the home of their religious faith occupied by a foreign power?  Or what
about Iraq people who are simply out for revenge after their mother,
grandfather, daughter, son, or wife etc. were killed by an American attack?
I also have gathered that the home invasions US troops carry out to search
for weapons or suspects are particularly intense violations of honor for men
in Iraq, especially when their women are "exposed," as it were, to the
troops invading their homes.

Link below to a different view of the source of attacks against US troops in
Iraq.

Ted