[Vision2020] Photos of Odai and Qusai

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:13:25 -0700 (PDT)

Sunil,
    What do you think about the rationale we hear so
much--the folks in Iraq are so paranoid Hussein and
his sons are going to eventually come back to power
that they are reluctant to get involved in any sort of
reconstruction efforts.
   Is that a good reason for letting their corpses be
seen?
   TL

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Carl,

I think the Spokesman Review could have done without
those pictures.  Steven A. Smith's note about the
decision-making process ends by saying, "But we
sincerely believe publication serves the interests of
the larger audience and the interests of history."

It seems to me that if the S-R is interested in
serving a larger audience and history, they might
consider doing some reporting on the unravelling of
the rationales for this war. They could follow up on
Rumsfeld's comment that it was impossible to capture
the folks in that villa.  I guess our ability to wait
people out has deteriorated since we got Old What's
His Name in Panama, back in the first Bush
Administration.  Must be Clinton's fault.

Perhaps they could write an article about whether our
government has any interest in taking any of the
Hussein family alive. By now it ought to be clear that
we have no intention.  Whenever we think we know where
he is, everything and everyone in the vicinity gets
blown up.  Hey, in the interest of History, why not an
article about why our government might prefer not to
have Hussein alive and talking to reporters?

Sunil Ramalingam

>From: "Carl Westberg"
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Photos of Odai and Qusai
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:58:50 -0700
>
>This morning's Spokesman carried the pictures of the
bodies of
>Hussein's sons, with an explanation of why the
decision was made on
>the front page. I understand the Tribune did not. It
did slow me
>down a little bit while eating my orange chicken
right now, but I
>got over it. Should the pictures be published? Not?
>

>Carl Westberg Jr.

>STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months
FREE*

>List services made available by First Step Internet,
serving the
>communities of the Palouse since 1994.
>http://www.fsr.net
>mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8  and get 2 months
List services made available by First Step Internet,

mailto:Vision2020@moscow.comŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ