[Vision2020] CLINTON SAYS BUSH MISTAKE UNDERSTANDABLE

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

Sunil and Bob,
    I posted this because I'm interested in why ole
Bill is doing this.
    Say what you want about him, but Clinton is
nothing if not a master of politics.
    I disagree with Bob that Clinton is not thinking
about electoral politics on this. Of course he won't
campaign for Bush, but he's got some reason for
excusing what the NATIONAL DEMOCRAT PARTY has openly
viewed as their best chance to erode some of the voter
approval of W's foreign policy. (And not only that,
from glancing at polls now and then it seemed to be
working for them.)
EVERYTHING Clinton has done since he entered puberty
is about politics. (OK just about everything--I mean
his PUBLIC pronouncements, folks!) This is certainly
no different. It's all calculated.
  But why?
    TL

--- Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

---------------------------------

Tim,

You're not supporting the simple-minded idea that
everyone who voted for Clinton supported everything he
did, are you?  No, of course not.  I voted for him
twice, and I disagreed with his bombing of Iraq.  Why
is he taking up for Dub?  I don't know, but I disagree
with his position entirely.

The fact that the White House has either lied several
times about this issue, or doesn't seem to know what
intelligence they have received is merely one part of
this.  Let's also set aside the rebutted claim about
the significance of the aluminum tubes Iraq purchased.

More important is the fact that this Administration
claims the right to launch pre-emptive wars against
supposed threats.  We were told that Iraq was an
imminent threat.  Now it should be clear to all that
it was not such a threat.  Observe how Iraq's alleged
possession of WMDs has morphed into a weapons program,
quite different from having actual weapons.  Now the
Administration asks for patience as it searches for
alleged WMDs.  Where was their patience prior to war?

How can we trust that other threats are imminent when
the Administration is so willing to be cavalier with
the truth?

Sunil Ramalingam

Add photos to your messages with  MSN 8.  Get 2 months
List services made available by First Step Internet,

mailto:Vision2020@moscow.comŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ