[Vision2020] Douglas Wilson on businesses policies

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:35:35 -0700

I am hoping that Mr. Wilson, or someone that knows Mr. Wilson well enough,
could explain the meaning of this statement:

"I would not ask them if they were homosexual.
But if they began behaving in such a way as to demand
my explicit or implicit approval of their lifestyle,
which my silence would provide them, would I ask them
to leave?" Then he states:  "But I would do the same with heterosexual
>women with their tops off, heterosexual men with their
>trousers off, and any members of Congress."

Does Mr. Wilson mean that a same-gender couple that holds hands or kisses in
a public restaurant, as opposite-gender couples do, is equivalent to men and
women taking their clothes off in public? Or does he mean that a opposite
gendered couple or same-gendered couple are expected to behave in the same
manner? To me, I don't think a same-gendered couple would ever attempt to
engage in sexual intercourse over an entree at the Olive Garden. To imply or
use such an instance as a justification to remove a same-gendered couple
seems to far fetched to use as an example that would be applicable to any
real life situation. I hope that Mr. Wilson will justify his vague wording
and stance on the issue regarding the equal treatment of gays and lesbians
in the Moscow community that could be deeply offended his statement.

Thanks!

Donovan J Arnold