[Vision2020] Tax Codes

Greg Burton gburton@sltrib.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:26:27 -0600

--------------79D52A703E5CE0C21F7112DE

  Folks, a good reporter — even a bad, but diligent one — can find
information on 501C3s. This is public information. I did a quick search to
speed this debate along and found 144 such tax-situated groups, including the
Ren Fair, Appaloosa Museum, Kenworthy, something called Association of
Computing Machinery and many churches and civic associations, some of which
may be Christ Church-affiliated. Many likely not. Malfeasance is not a
requirement for this sort of tax filing — there are hundreds of thousands if
not millions of such organizations in America.
  There is a story here, somewhere, but context is the key.
  The only obvious Christ Church affiliation I found was Logos. Note, I only
searched Moscow, Idaho. Incorporation, though, could be anywhere in the
United States, which would require more search time. Here is the basic
information I culled,
   cheers, greg burton

    Faith Ministries, Inc. aka Logos School
                                    110 Baker St
                                    Moscow, ID 83843

                                    Logos School is a K-12,
nondenominational, Christian Classical school providing
                                    national leadership and service in the
field of classical education to other schools
                                    and home schools.

                                    EIN: 82-0361222
                                    This organization is not required to file
an annual return with the IRS because it is a church. It
                                    is a 501(c)(03) public charity.
Information in this report was supplied by the nonprofit
                                    organization within the last two years.

                                    Financial snapshot for fiscal year ending
2002

Revenue:  $1,322,185

Expenses: $1,272,961

Assets:  $1,002,999

Liabilities: $415,973

Douglas wrote:

> Visionaries,
>
> The motto ought not to be "ready, fire, aim!" My suggestion is that we ask
> Vera or Bill to run this down for us. We don't want to lend credence to a
> method that circulates erroneous information first, and then requires the
> misrepresented entities to put it all right. Let's ask those who want to
> present their concerns to the public to get the facts straight first.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Douglas

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>              http://www.fsr.net
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

--------------79D52A703E5CE0C21F7112DE

begin:vcard
n:Burton;Greg
tel;cell:(801) 918-8097
tel;fax:(801) 257-8525
tel;work:(801) 257-8789
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sltrib.com
org:The Salt Lake Tribune;Environment & Adventure Desk
adr:;;143 S. Main Street;Salt Lake City;Utah;84111;United States
version:2.1
email;internet:gburton@sltrib.com
title:News Editor
x-mozilla-cpt:;3