[Vision2020] Please Help our dying troops!

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:03:22 -0700

Matt,

You stated, "You have attacked Mr Hansen and Mr. Kaag, who are both prior
veterans of Vietnam, all because you don't agree with them."

This is an arrogant statement Matt. Are you supposing that I never attack an
opinion of someone because they served in the military?

Sorry, I don't think because someone has served in the military that makes
them correct on every issue.
It doesn't make them wrong all the time by any means. But it is not an
automatic qualification for being correct.

You wrote:
"Also, this is a community site, so by saying that you would like
to meet Mr. Kaag face to face, I took that as wanting to fight."

I admit. I was very angry at Mr. Kaag, for defending an attack against my
father, a 22 year vet, for being called immature. That is wrong for someone
to say that about him and one that is his superior officer and saved many
lives of many military people on many occasions. I did not mean for it as to
mean only a physical fight, but to talk it out. I called Mr. Kaag on the
phone and refused to discuss it. I think that shows that he is unwilling to
defend his words against my Father. I was also upset that he accused me of
not respecting Mr. Hansen's service as a disabled vet. That is wrong too. Me
and my family have spent 55 years fighting for the rights of the disabled
and the military vets. Me, and my family's record does not square with that
false accusation.
If Mr. Kaag takes that to mean a invitation to "kick my butt" to prove he is
right, then that is fine he can do that all night long for the next 55
years. But I think Mr. Kaag is still incorrect for his attacking and
misrepresenting the 55 year history of me and my family.

So quiet frankly, I don't care who attacks my father and my family, or me.
If they are wrong in their attacks, they are wrong. And I will not back down
from that. People deserve more respect than to be slammed and accused
falsely of attacks against them.

Mr. Kaag shows arrogance in thinking that I am for hurting vets or disabled
people. When I have spent my whole life doing the opposite. I will not sit
back and allow people to accuse me or my family of such things and than walk
away. He needs to address this issue. If his way of doing that is fighting
me, fine. I prefer to talk about it over the phone or a cup of coffee, I'll
buy.

Matt, your implying that people only stand up for what is right when they
are smaller, weaker, or less powerful then you shows weakness of character.
If someone attacked your family, mother, or father, would you cower away
because they are more powerful than you? I would hope not. Nor does my
family that makes up over 200 members of this community.

I have great respect for Mr.Kaag, Mr. Hansen,My Father, my brother, and both
grandfather, for their service to the military and the people of the United
States. But, Mr. Kaag has lost all that respect when defending attacks
against my father, another veteran, and attacks against my me and my family
that have a 55 year history of serving the military and disabled persons.
That I and my family can't ignore, and won't ignore.

I do apologize for spending that last email to vision2020. I meant to send
it to Mr. Kaag, only. So for that I apologize to Mr. Kaag and the others on
Vision2020. It was not appropiate to post on this public server list. I was
very angry and hit "reply all" instead of "reply" only out of habit.

I also want to thank Mr.Hansen for privatly emailing me and getting our
misunderstanding cleared up. I have great respect for Mr. Hansen doing that
and am gald you can talk to each other again.

Thanks,

Donovan J Arnold