[Vision2020] Please Help our dying troops!

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:12:58 -0700

Well Tom,

Now you know how offended I feel about! Irritating isn't it? I have every
right to insult a man that insults our troops. I will do it again, and
again, and again. For someone that says he supports his troops, you ain't
doing much about it now are you? WAKE UP Mr. Hansen! Are troops are getting
picked off one by one everyday, they are sitting ducks that can't do crap
about it. Even the Centcom Commander has stated the troops' needs are being
ignored by higher members of the military. The only reason you spent one
year in Vietnam was because people back in the states fought against it.
They didn't say "Oh what a bunch of pussies." Yet, you having been there,
and won't even write ONE letter to ONE person to ask that their commanders
address a few of their concerns. That is called hypocritical. I think you
should be ashamed.
As for my service to the military, it was not the same as yours. But it was
none the less very costly. I never even knew my father until I 12 years old.
My father was gone all the time until then. I never got to play ball with my
daddy. He never taught me to ride a bike, or play baseball. It was my older
brother that took on this role. WHY? Because my dad was gone all the time,
on tours on ships. Sometimes, I would not see my father for 6-8 months at a
time. He was not even around when I was born!
When I see children all across this country suffer the same fate of a mom or
dad being gone for one-five years at a time, if they return at all, for the
sake of this stupid unjust war, if makes my blood boil. Their is no reason
men and women should be away from their spouses and children for that long.
Some children have both parents over there. BOTH! No parents. What kind of
crap is that Mr. Hansen?
If you don't have the courage to say something for the sake of our Troops or
their families than I question your integrity and commitment to the welfare
of the American People. If you have, then thanks, don't write back implying
that you have not and ruffel my feathers. If you don't write, to any
authority, I have zero respect for you because you are hypocrit to get
advantages for people protesting here against the unjust war you were in BUT
will not do the same for others in the same situation.

Donovan J Arnold