[Vision2020] A few facts about Palouse water

david sarff davesway@hotmail.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:58:19 +0000

Mr Courtney,
While I agree that yours and others questions are appropriate to be asked
and deserve to be answered, I suspect that many people may not know how
precipitously close Moscow may be to loosing local control of its water to
the very sort of outside government that seemingly most local residents
don’t want.
It is my impression that the bottom-line fact being argued is that local
governments have an agreement (a standard) that the City of Moscow has been
violating for years.
I assume and surely hope that the original agreement was based on local
consensus based on information derived through the influence of generally
agreed to scientific standards. If not, then these should be reinvestigated.
  If so, they should be upheld and enforced.
    David Sarff