[Vision2020] Presidential Elections

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:28:14 GMT

Douglas Wilson stated:

"The last presidential election where Americans had a real choice to go in one
of two opposite directions occurred a long time before I was born."

Please elaborate.  Every federal presidential election in which I have
participated since I was of voting age (and that has been several days ago) has
clearly consisted of at least two choices (and in some cases three or more).

In my opinion for presidential election results to truly reflect the peoples'
choice is to eliminate the electoral college and base the outcome stricly on
popular vote.  In the event that a candidate does not attract the majority vote
(defined as 50% plus one), there should be a runoff between the top two
candidates.  It is clearly that simple.

Any other thoughts?

Tom Hansen
Moscow,