[Vision2020] uranium denial--GUTLESS DEMOS?

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:43:47 -0700 (PDT)

Visionaries,
   Tom makes an interesting point.
   Why DOESN'T the Democrat party launch and
impeachment effort if they think it's warranted?
   When Clinton committed perjury by lying under oath
(in a suit alleging what one would think would be a
Democrat sacred cow--sexual harassment,) the GOP did
so. And love'em or hate'em they did so at quite a lot
of personal political risk to themselves. Witness the
fact that the Demos gained ground in the next mid-term
elections when they controlled the White House--an
occurence that had rarely happened before then.
  So the question is, why DON'T the Demos ask for
impeachment?
  I would diagnose a severe case of yellow-bellied
political gutlessness.
  In other words they're too afraid. Afraid that if
they do so and don't, or only partially succeed, it
will backfire on them in the next elections due to
popular resentment. A pretty fair fear to have too. I
mean it happened before right?
   TL