[Vision2020] Cost of Government Day!

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:59:01 -0700

David Douglas wrote:
> Your comment seems analogous to an obese person arguing
> against the concept of over-eating because eating is most
> beneficial--especially compared to not eating.

David's analogy is a good one. What we have is an ever-obesing (for lack of
a better word) civil government.

The Boston Tea Party was precipitated by a 3% tax. Today, we pay 52.8% in
taxes -- and the liberals say "Hey! That's not bad!" No nation has *ever*
taxed itself into prosperity.

Would that the American people today had the hearts of our forefathers -- to
throw off the yoke of slavery that we have so willingly embraced.

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho