[Vision2020] When Will "FREE" TRADERS be held accountable?

Dale Courtney dale@courtneys.us
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:38:47 -0700

Tim wrote:

>    When will the neo-cons and so-called Democrat
> Leadership Council types be held accountable for the
> colossal failure of what they call FREE TRADE?
>
>     They(the leaders of the 2 major parties) keep up
> the big lie that this exportation of jobs is good for
> our economy. It seems to be like a religion for
> everyone that is given any serious coverage by the
> mainstream press.

Tim, it's time to wake-up and smell the coffee. We *are* in a global economy
whether we like it or not. It's not that these councils have *created* a
global economy.

See Alvin Toffler's "The Third Wave" -- we've moved on from the old
industrialized period into something new (whatever you want to call it).

Unless you want to turn off the internet, you cannot keep outsourceable
labor from shifting from expensive areas (e.g., the USA) to lesser expensive
areas (e.g., India, Pakistan). In one respect, we've priced ourselves out of
the general labor pool -- at least labor that can be outsourced via the web
(e.g., tech jobs).

Best,
Dale Courtney
Moscow, Idaho