[Vision2020] Racism

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:40:43 -0700

Judy,

Thanks for the interaction.

Wouldn't we all agree that some of the patronizing attitudes of the past
(of the "white man's burden" sort) could be motivated entirely by kindness,
but that the person extending that kindness had the racist view that his
own race was necessarily superior to the other? Thus, benevolent racism.

And couldn't we agree that two groups of people could hate one another
simply for being the "other" without believing that the other group was
inferior in any way? Malicious egalitarianism.

Cordially,

Douglas Wilson