[Vision2020] Those Darn White Separatists? Who Are They?

John Harrell johnbharrell@yahoo.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

{Melynda, please help me to locate where these came from - thank you.
"Ready, Set, GOOGLE" - attributed to Doug Wilson, somewhere in this forum,
Melynda can find it I am sure.}

So, do you honor Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, and the North in general?

Because most northerners did not view the African-American as equals. How
about todays Congressman? Some northern Congressman (D) even today do not
view the African-American as equal.

For example,

1) Abraham Lincoln (R) was a "white separatist":

"What I would most desire would be the separation of the white and black races."
- Speech at Springfield, Ill, July 17, 1858

2) Abraham Lincoln (R) believed "the negro" to be less than equal:

"I have said that I do not understand the Declaration to mean that all men were
created equal in all respects. They are not our equal in color;"
- Speech at Springfield, Ill, July 17, 1858

3) Abraham Lincoln (R), again the "white separatist", forbids intermarrying,
and does not want "equality" for "negroes":

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in
any way the social and political equality of the white and black races--that I am
not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of
qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say
in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and
black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on
terms of social and political equality."
- Speech at Cincinnati, Ohio, September 17, 1859

4) Abraham Lincoln (R), wasn't starting a war over slavery, many times he said
things similar to the following:

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to
save or destroy slavery..."
- Statement made in 1862, to Horace Greeley

5) Ulysses S. Grant was a slave owner

6) Sen. Robert R. Byrd (D), current Senator for W. VA, was a KKK member
The Democrats recently named a building after him; see what Byrd had to
say:

"[he would] never submit to fight beneath that banner [the American flag]
with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old
Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved
land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest
specimen from the wilds."

7)..and Byrd is still allowed to represent this country? especially the
democrats?, how about this list of federal projects named after Byrd, not
bad for a democrat former KKK member:

"Some items funded by taxpayers – but still somehow named after
"Robert C. Byrd" – are: The Robert C. Byrd Highway; the Robert C. Byrd
Locks and Dam; the Robert C. Byrd Institute; the Robert C. Byrd Life
Long Learning Center; the Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program;
the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope; the Robert C. Byrd Institute
for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing; the Robert C. Byrd Federal
Courthouse; the Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center; the Robert C.
Byrd Academic and Technology Center; the Robert C. Byrd United
Technical Center; the Robert C. Byrd Federal Building; the Robert C. Byrd
Drive; the Robert C. Byrd Hilltop Office Complex; the Robert C. Byrd
Library; the Robert C. Byrd Learning Resource Center; the Robert C.
Byrd Rural Health Center......

8) Sen. Robert R. Byrd (D), current Senator for W. VA, former KKK member,
uses N* word; he used the phrase in an interview on “Fox News Sunday,”
March 2, 2003.

Cheers!
John Harrell