[Vision2020] Melynda Huskey Charges John Harrell Falsely With Plagrism

Melynda Huskey melyndah@wsu.edu
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:25:28 -0700

Getting closer all the time, John.  Now we have potential citations for
some of those quotations, which is good--although I'm not sure that I'd go
to the Arkansas League of the South site for scholarly information, despite
their Latin motto. Wonder where an earnest Commie might find the works of
Kidd, Elwood, and Finney these days?  (Note to self:  Amazon wishlist!)

It's also interesting to see how widely folks who share these opinions are
plagiarizing one another, and how the punctuation and spelling deteriorate
across transmission . . . takes me back to my Textual and Analytical
Bibliography class in grad school:  which is our lemma and which is our
stemma, class?

Still, let's not dally in Arcadia, but instead ask ourselves a new
question:  where did Kidd, Finney, Elwood, Hitler, Lenin, Thomas, and their
illustrious comrades go wrong?  Nearly a century has spun down the ringing
grooves of change since first they promised to make us a new world, and
still those pesky kids elude us.

Teachers of social studies remain the unacknowledged legislators of the
world, and our schools are not yet Manchurian Candidate factories . . . dad
gum it, what's the hold up?  Is somebody slacking?  T.C. Pinckney has been
waiting for the sky to fall since 1918, and he's not going to hold on much
longer.

My last post for the day, cross my heart,

Melynda Huskey