[Vision2020] report: free speech in Moscow

Philip Cook pcook@uidaho.edu
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:14:40 -0800

On 28 Jan 2003 at 9:40, Bill London wrote:

> I hope everyone can open the attachment here.
> This attached memo is a report from Moscow City Attorney Randy Fife
> about his reasoning for not allowing Mike Curley (member of P&Z
> commission) to speak to the city council on a P&Z issue.
> This rationale will be part of the hearing 7pm Wed. at the council
> chambers.
> BL

Bill,

Thanks for forwarding the memo, and thanks to City Supervisor
Riedner and City Attorney Fife for sharing the information.

Just to be clear: the joint meeting of Council and P&Z on Wednesday
is not a "hearing" (which implies testimony from witnesses--i.e., the
public). This is session for the two bodies to discuss their annual goals,
and no public comment/testimony period is scheduled. See the agenda
below.

Philip Cook

AGENDA
Joint Meeting of the Moscow City Council and
Moscow Planning and Zoning Commission

Wednesday, January 29, 2003
7:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, Moscow City Hall				         206
E. Third Street

1.	Welcome and Introductions - Mayor Comstock

2.	Quasi-Judicial Presentation - Randy Fife
  Current Procedures Related to Public Hearings

3.	Last Year's Goals; This Year's Goals & Priorities - Mayor
Comstock

4.	Commercial and Industrial Zoning Discussion - Mayor
Comstock

5.	Other Topics

NOTE:  Individuals who require special assistance to accommodate
physical,
hearing, or other impairments, please contact the City Clerk, at (208)
883-7015, as soon as possible so that arrangements may be made.

Chris Bainbridge
Moscow City Clerk