[Vision2020] Farm Lease Agreement with Sherman Clyde

Linda Pall lpall@moscow.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:21:05 -0800

Dear David, John and Visionaries:

When the purchase was made of the land for the park adjacent to Palouse
River Drive, issues of western bypass/eastern bypass were generally
discussed but no firm decisions were in the works at that time. Actual
highway alignments, as you know, are quite a long way down the line in the
highway planning process. This land, if my memory serves me well, is not
immediately affected by highway plans.

I agree, David, that locating a park immediately adjacent to a busy highway
or (?!?) freeway is not the best alternative. And John, the City examined
planning, trnasportation and other relevant concerns in making the 'buy'
decision for this property.

Since road plans change and evolve (and budgets self destruct apparently), I
believe the City was prudent to obtain this beautiful piece of the Palouse.
I'm hoping to be there at the ribbon cutting of "Clyde Park" and celebrate
the Clyde family contributions to our community, in particular the wonderful
personality and historian, the late Lola Clyde. If at a later time we have
to modify our general park plans or even relocate the site (which I do not
think would be the case), we have enough flexibility to do that.

All the best,
Linda Pall