[Vision2020] Farm Lease Agreement with Sherman Clyde

Linda Pall lpall@moscow.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:33:46 -0800

Dear Visionaries All,

Yes, indeed: the Clyde land south of Palouse River Drive was purchased to
provide a much needed larger scale park for Moscow. The lease will allow the
land to continue to be used productively until the City has enough money to
develop the facility.

I hope that you will all keep an eye on the conitnuing need to plan for and
construct parks and recreation facilities in Moscow. East City Park and
Ghormley Park are two examples of far-sighted earlier city fathers' and
mothers' contributions to our community. Mountainview Park, the Paradise
Path and the Aquatics Center are more contemporary ones. We need to think
about these legacies now and plan for them, including the funds for
development, always at a premium.

On sloppy winter days like today, it's a pleasure to think of baseball and
picnics! Thanks, Garrett, for prompting this exchange!

All the best,
Linda Pall