[Vision2020] Football...

Don Kaag dkaag@turbonet.com
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:45:45 -0800

Tim:

...I think a bagatell is a kind of skinny French bread... and we can
all thank whatever Deity we acknowledge that Eisenhower dedicated his
life to his military career.  Historians argue about great men versus
great events all the time, but there are not many who would argue that
anyone but Ike in the Supreme Allied Commander, Europe positioon
could've held the Allied coalition together well enough, in the face of
prima donnas like Montgomery, Patton and de Gaulle, to effectuate the
Normandy landings and free Europe from the Nazis.

As for his football aspirations, it says somewhere in the Book,
approximately, "...When I was a child, I spoke as a child and acted as
a child, but when I became a man, I gave up childish things..."  So
much for American football.

Har!

Don