[Vision2020] Arrest aftermath

Douglas dougwils@moscow.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:37:27 -0800

Dear visionaries,

The best thing about progressive tolerance is that great popping sound it
makes when you stick a pin in it. Condemn an entire race? Inhuman? Mein
Kampf? Jackass? My sainted mother to the sound of swelling violins?

Cordially,

Douglas

I don't buy it, Mr. Wilson. To condemn an entire race based soley on the
actions of a small percentage of that race goes beyond ignorant racial
prejudice. To hide behind the cloak of Christianity while supporting such
ignorant beliefs is inhuman. I seriously believe that your definitions of
kindness, respect, and dignity may come indirctly from the Bible, but more
directly from Mein Kampf.
I gre up in Los Angeles in the sixties. I can smell prejudice even when it
is presented under the guise of being "biblical". Bottom line, Mr. Wilson.
You can put horse reigns on a jackass, but it is still a jackass.
I was taught kindness, respect, and dignity from a true Angelina (a
native-born Los Angeles woman), my mother, who preached into me that human
kindness is something nobody should be without, and an Iowa farm boy, my
father, that taught me that hard work and honesty are always rewarded. I am
not sorry if my parents do not fit your description of "mule-like" PCness.
To me, that proverbial glass of water will always be half full.