[Vision2020] Response To Dan Carscallen

Douglas Stambler wowidaho@baptistmail.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:43:21 +0800

you have attacked my character online before, and your most recent posting about what i offered regarding northwest homeland security shows no difference in your attitude towards me. what i don't appreciate, dan, is how lightly people on vision 2020 take their political views. they jump all over other people, but they never seem to offer common ground by which conservatives, liberals and whatever can truly get together and actually start doing something to build REAL diversity into moscow. i think that the moscow civic association is redundant, and that what moscow needs is a green party chapter; i think that marshall comstock is an incompetent mayor, and should be unseated, immediately; i believe that moscow is still headed down the dangerous path of despoiling the area's pristine nature; and most importantly, dan, i don't ever pretend to be settling in your city, i'm just here until i get married, and then i'm off to los angeles - but i value your community, and i really f!
 eel that time is running out on you and your co-residents to do something to protect moscow and latah county from fiscal and ecological disaster. someone needs to start talking about issues, and the people of moscow really need to start listening to each other, instead of doing their own thing, and refusing to respond to some pretty good ideas out there that will help people in moscow live better now and in the future.  but, alas, the people on vision 2020 rarely get off their couches and out in a kind of public way that will actually bring about a positive change from the status quo. i have a lot of respect for you, dan, i don't hate you. but i will always defend myself and my intentions when misunderstood, as a dog growls to keep intruders away. if some of the people from the forum could just get together, face to face, without attacking EACH OTHER, and instead, focus on each others' albeit opinionated ideas, i think it would be fantastic.  and i'm willing to be a part of!
  that. i hold no grudges, and i am always willing to make peace with p
eople who take themselves seriously. but attacking me is not the path to a better moscow, i assure you.  i am here to help, and I WILL NOT STOP sorting things out here. all the best, thanks for writing back, Douglas Stambler - Moscow - p.s. I have been treated with tremendous kindness by the people of moscow, and now that i have steady employment, i want to repay that kindness - but i won't be talked down to because i don't do that to other people, unless in self-defense. yours is a special city, dan, always remember that. change in moscow needs to happen quickly and cooperatively, with a willingness to listen to each other and work together. i know that moscow is filled with very gentle people, and i think they have a ways to go to appreciate how that gentleness can be molded into a better moscow for all ages and political perspectives.   :)

--
FREE web-based email - http://www.BaptistMail.com