[Vision2020] message to Douglas Stambler

Jeff Harkins jeffh@moscow.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:11:14 -0800

--=====================_155660343==.ALT

Hi Bill (and Visionnaires):

As you have so clearly pointed out, this young presumably Christian fellow,=
=20
has a warped view of ethical behavior.  He has not explained his innocence=
=20
in the un-subscribing event and he has violated the "pact" of the forum.=20
His diatribes should be judged accordingly.

At 02:03 PM 2/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> [...]
>>ability to pay up front for those commodities.  Hence, consumer=20
>>deficit.  Hence, poverty.
>>
>>Poverty in 21st century America is taking root in similar, if not=20
>>extreme, fashion.  In America=92s credit card capitol, Wilmington,=20
>>Delaware, banks operate almost tax-free, because of Delaware=92s=
 historical=20
>>status as a generous state: Initially, companies that moved to Delaware=20
>>like DuPont Chemicals were welcomed for their wealth and high society=20
>>connections.  Taxes were rarely charged in Delaware during the 19th and=20
>>20th centuries, because large corporations backed their investments with=
=20
>>gold bullion.  Rich people could move to Delaware and not have their=20
>>luxury purchases taxed at all: Hence, Delaware became host to many large,=
=20
>>American banks in the 19th century, and then to credit card companies=20
>>after WWI.  But the banks succeeded because their assets were backed by=20
>>gold bullion.  What is absolutely an indication of America=92s rapid=20
>>descent into poverty, is the fact that Delaware=92s banks have been=
 backing=20
>>their assets with CREDIT, instead of gold bullion.  Couple this with th!
>>  e a
>>larming trend of stock market purchases being made on credit (margin),=20
>>and it=92s obvious that when the New York Stock Exchange falls again like=
=20
>>it did in 1929, the only difference will be that BANKS will not have gold=
=20
>>to fall back on: Banks will be virtually locked-in to repossessing the=20
>>products that Americans have purchased with credit.  In other words,=20
>>since repossession is the most abhorrent idea to Americans in a=20
>>capitalistic market, banks will simply merge and also go=20
>>bank-rupt.  Needless to say, banking problems inevitably result in a=20
>>shrinking economy: When banks recede, companies produce less.  It=92s a=
 fact.

>>If you understand having to eat instant noodles every day for a month,=20
>>then you clearly can relate to what poverty is.  The question is, though,=
=20
>>how many Americans will go into poverty this time?  And, more=20
>>importantly, with AIDS at high rates and global warming the cause of the=
=20
>>warmest ever Winter in the Northwestern United States in 2002-3, what=20
>>will be the overall, net effect of poverty this time around?  Mass=20
>>migration to more prosperous parts of America?  Disease?  Crime?  It=92s=
=20
>>hard to say, but it=92s certain that Poverty In 21st Century America is=20
>>coming fast, and it might be here to stay.
>>
>>_____________________________________________________________
>>Get 25MB, POP3, Spam Filtering with LYCOS MAIL PLUS for $19.95/year.
ttp://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=3Dplus&ref=3Dlmtplus=20

>>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>>                <http://www.fsr.net>http://www.fsr.net
>>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
>>=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF

--=====================_155660343==.ALT

Hi Bill (and Visionnaires):<br><br>
As you have so clearly pointed out, this young presumably Christian
fellow, has a warped view of ethical behavior.&nbsp; He has not explained
his innocence in the un-subscribing event and he has violated the
&quot;pact&quot; of the forum. His diatribes should be judged
accordingly.<br><br>
At 02:03 PM 2/22/2003 -0800, you wrote:<br>
As I recall, the last communication from you to Vision 2020 promised that
you would not return until you were able to explain your innocence after
being caught un-subscribing a group of V2020 subscribers.&nbsp; Did I
miss that explanation of your innocence? <br>
I also would like to remind you of an agreement made by the subscribers
to Vision 2020 to not individually monopolize this community
communication system.&nbsp; We agreed to post not more than one message
daily.&nbsp; Your recent torrent of postings far exceeds that
minimum.&nbsp; Please cease. <br>
thanks BL <br><br>
Douglas Stambler wrote: <br>
by Douglas Stambler <br><br>
Take away the statistics: Inflation, the GNP, the federal deficit.&nbsp;
And what do you have in 21st century America?&nbsp; An unusual rate of
poverty.&nbsp; Last year, it was estimated that over 50% of all Americans
were invested in the Stock Market.&nbsp; This should come as no surprise:
In the mid-1980s, large, American corporations started cutting
expenditures by slashing health and retirement benefits, and instead,
giving their extra revenue to 401k stock-sharing plans.&nbsp; But when
the market busted in the mid-90s from an under whelming transition to a
=93virtual economy,=94 the American worker was caught in the middle of marke=
forces and corporate cutbacks. <br><br>
Now, in the 21st century, there is talk of powering cars with hydrogen
and bombing terrorists, everywhere.&nbsp; But the real, =93next=94 commodity
to trade in America, has to be POVERTY.&nbsp; Actors trade in talent;
metal workers trade in skill; in 2003, Americans will trade in
POVERTY.&nbsp; And, if the current bull market is any indication of how
many companies will be adversely affected simply by the FEAR of poverty,
just think for a minute how the market will be affected by shrinking
employee salaries, shrinking disposable income, and shrinking municipal
budgets.&nbsp; The possibilities are numerous, and the sheer number of
Americans who will soon be at or below the poverty level, indicates that
indeed, POVERTY itself will be an actual commodity: discussed, debated
and experienced at every level of American society. <br><br>
In 1929, the stock market experienced a unique downturn: it was the first
time in American history when gold bullion was being moved by savvy
investors to places like Switzerland, Thailand and Australia.&nbsp;
During previous downturns, notably in the 1880s and 1890s, consumer
demand was blamed for a national economy that was shrinking in jobs and
production.&nbsp; But what set off The Great Depression was not the
flight of gold alone: No, actually, it had a lot to do with an increase
in poverty.&nbsp; As more Americans borrowed on credit for cars and
household items in the 1920s, they became increasingly dependent on
church benevolent societies and wealthy philanthropists just to get
by.&nbsp; Indeed, it was ironic, that even though more products were in
the marketplace, working Americans had less means to pay for those
products, and they had far fewer opportunities to earn money to pay for
what they wanted for their homes and families.&nbsp; In other words, the
capitalist market structure was by d! <br>
&nbsp;efi <br>
nition producing commodities at a far greater capacity, than Americans=92
ability to pay up front for those commodities.&nbsp; Hence, consumer
deficit.&nbsp; Hence, poverty. <br><br>
Poverty in 21st century America is taking root in similar, if not
extreme, fashion.&nbsp; In America=92s credit card capitol, Wilmington,
Delaware, banks operate almost tax-free, because of Delaware=92s historical
status as a generous state: Initially, companies that moved to Delaware
like DuPont Chemicals were welcomed for their wealth and high society
connections.&nbsp; Taxes were rarely charged in Delaware during the 19th
and 20th centuries, because large corporations backed their investments
with gold bullion.&nbsp; Rich people could move to Delaware and not have
their luxury purchases taxed at all: Hence, Delaware became host to many
large, American banks in the 19th century, and then to credit card
companies after WWI.&nbsp; But the banks succeeded because their assets
were backed by gold bullion.&nbsp; What is absolutely an indication of
America=92s rapid descent into poverty, is the fact that Delaware=92s banks
have been backing their assets with CREDIT, instead of gold
bullion.&nbsp; Couple this with th! <br>
&nbsp;e a <br>
larming trend of stock market purchases being made on credit (margin),
and it=92s obvious that when the New York Stock Exchange falls again like
it did in 1929, the only difference will be that BANKS will not have gold
to fall back on: Banks will be virtually locked-in to repossessing the
products that Americans have purchased with credit.&nbsp; In other words,
since repossession is the most abhorrent idea to Americans in a
capitalistic market, banks will simply merge and also go bank-rupt.&nbsp;
Needless to say, banking problems inevitably result in a shrinking
economy: When banks recede, companies produce less.&nbsp; It=92s a fact.
If you understand having to eat instant noodles every day for a month,
then you clearly can relate to what poverty is.&nbsp; The question is,
though, how many Americans will go into poverty this time?&nbsp; And,
more importantly, with AIDS at high rates and global warming the cause of
the warmest ever Winter in the Northwestern United States in 2002-3, what
will be the overall, net effect of poverty this time around?&nbsp; Mass
migration to more prosperous parts of America?&nbsp; Disease?&nbsp;
Crime?&nbsp; It=92s hard to say, but it=92s certain that Poverty In 21st
Century America is coming fast, and it might be here to stay. <br><br>
=3Dlmtplus">http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=3Dplus&amp;re=
f=3Dlmtplus</a>
&nbsp;List services made available by First Step Internet, <br>
&nbsp;serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994. <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a=
 href=3D"mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com"=
 eudora=3D"autourl">mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com</a> <br>