[Vision2020] vendor ordinance

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:44:50 -0800

At 03:20 PM 2/20/2003 -0800, Mushroom wrote:
>To follow up on Walter's post, there are many things sold at
>Farmers' Market that are not fruits, vegetables and farm or
>garden products. I trust at some point whoever is pushing
>this ordinance will let us know why we need it.

Preambles usually deal with the "why":

WHEREAS, a review of the current ordinance controlling peddlers, solicitors
and canvassers suggests that changes are appropriate; and
WHEREAS, current licensing procedures do not require vendors to be licensed
prior to setting up an area to sell goods of their own or manufactured; and
WHEREAS, it has been determined by the Council that license and
registration of vendors will adequately address the concerns related to
such persons by providing for a manner by which to identify and regulate them.

Of course, this probably isn't specific enough for most subscribers to this
list.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843