[Vision2020] vendor ordinance

Debbie Gray dgray@uidaho.edu
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:17:24 -0800 (PST)

I think that Ren Fair, Rendezvous, etc are covered under the section:

>except a person occupying a portion of the park under a valid concession
>agreement to sell or offer to sell, to any person within any municipal
>park of the City,

Slap me if I'm wrong but I am guessing that these activities already have
a valid concession agreement and that these activities are NOT what the
target is. More importantly, does this include people peddling/vending
topless carwashes? =)

Debbie

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Mark Rounds wrote:

> [...]
> > Proof of Registration issued under this Chapter shall be carried at all
> >times by the person to whom it is issued when such person is peddling,
> >soliciting or canvassing in the City and shall be exhibited by said
> >peddler, solicitor, or canvasser whenever requested to do so by a peace
> >officer or any person solicited or canvassed.
> >
> >Sec. ___-11. Hours of Operation.
> > Vendors who conduct their business as herein described, shall do so
> >only between the hours of nine (9:00) o'clock A.M. and eight (8:00)
> >o'clock p.m. local time Monday through Saturday.
> >
> >Sec. ___-12. Unlawful Conduct.
> > No person issued a Vendor’s License hereunder shall:
> >A. Make physical contact with any customer or potential customer unless
> >such person's permission is obtained;
> >B. Misrepresent the purpose of the product or products;
> >C. Misrepresent the affiliation of any person so engaged in the
> >business;
> >D. Continue efforts to sell to a person once that person informs the
> >vendor that he or she does not wish to buy or take anything from that
> >vendor;
> >E. Represent the City of Moscow Vendor License under this Chapter as an
> >endorsement or recommendation of the vendor or item(s) being sold or
> >given away;
> >F. Enter upon any premises when the same is posted with a sign stating
> >"No Peddlers Allowed" or "No Solicitation Allowed" or other words to
> >such effect;
> >G. Knowingly make any false statement on an application for vendor
> >license hereunder;
> >H. Engage in any fraud, misrepresentation or false statement in the
> >course of carrying on the business for which this license is required
> >hereunder.
> >
> >Sec. ____-13. Violations; Penalties.
> > Any person violating any of the provisions of this Chapter shall be
> >guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof in a court of
> >competent jurisdiction, shall be punished pursuant to this Code and the
> >Idaho Code.
> >

> >SECTION 2:
> >
> >SEVERABILITY.  Provisions of this Ordinance shall be deemed severable
> >and the invalidity of any provision of this Ordinance shall not affect
> >the validity of the remaining provisions.
> >
> >SECTION 3:
> >
> >EFFECTIVE DATE.  This Ordinance shall be effective upon its passage,
> >approval, and publication according to law.
> >
> >PASSED by the City Council and APPROVED by the Mayor this ____ day of
> >________________, 2003.
> >
> >      ____________________________________
> >      Marshall H. Comstock, Mayor
> >

> >ATTEST:
> >
> >___________________________________
> >Christine Bainbridge, City Clerk
> >

> >E:\Ordinances\Ordinance - vendor.doc - cb

> > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >               http://www.fsr.net
> >          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com
> >ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

  Debbie Gray      dgray@uidaho.edu      http://www.uidaho.edu/~dgray/
  We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to
  have the life that is waiting for us." --Joseph Campbell