[Vision2020] No longer a yes vote for Powell

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 18:30:42 -0800

<P>Debbie,</P>
<P>A month ago I agreed with you.&nbsp; After February 5, I don't.&nbsp; Although our press by and large accepted everything&nbsp;Powell had to say uncritically, repeating it as if it were God's Truth,&nbsp;it certainly appears that he made statements that may not have been true.&nbsp; I have a hard time believing he didn't know this at the time.&nbsp; It is also disturbing that George Tenet sat behind Powell through the whole presentation.&nbsp; A few months earlier the C.I.A. stated that Hussein was most likely to use its WMDs if it was attacked, and otherwise was not a serious threat to us.</P>
<P>It seems to me that anyone in the Administration who has crossed the party line in the past has been reigned in; or maybe they have now seen the light...Maybe they fight the good fight behind the scenes, and maybe we won't really go to war.&nbsp; But I can't pretend I think that will really happen.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Sunil</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>