[Vision2020] Parade magazine -10 Worst Living Dictators

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:42:46 +0000

Brent, et. al.

I agree with this idea that Saddam is not that worst dictator out there.

It is amazing how our media and government avoid demonizing the tyrannical
Saudi government after 15 of the 19 9/11 attack terrorists were from Saudi
Arabia, with a money trail also coming from Saudi Arabia to aid
fundamentalist Islamic terrorism.  An incredible number of Americans think
Iraq is strongly linked to 9/11 when the evidence is that Saudi Arabia is
more clearly connected to 9/11.

And then there is Pakistan with Musharef as dictator in charge of nuclear
weapons with factions within Pakistan's's borders connected to Bin Laden, Al
Qaeda and terrorists who attack India, yet Pakistan is now a US "ally."

Everyone knows the threat from North Korea.

Does anyone really think that if Iraq had zero oil, Israel was removed from
the equation, and Iraq really represented a military force that could
inflict mass causalities against US forces, instead of this pending "war"
being more like shooting fish in a barrel, that we would be so eager to
invade rather than adopt a strategy of containment?

Ted