[Vision2020] re: liquor liability

Bob Hoffmann escape@alt-escape.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:06:35 -0800

At 03:14 PM 2/12/2003 -0800, Dale Courtney wrote:
>I'm a States-rights advocate. If a State wants to support government
>schools, that's a different issue from the Federal Government from doing
>so (notice that such wording is not anywhere to be found in our federal
>constitution).
>
>Having said the above, it's still not the State's jurisdiction to be in
>the schooling business. Neither is it their job to ensure that the wheat
>gets shipped safely to the mills; or that WinCo is well stocked in cat food.

Uh, Let's see.  I'm no historian, but I thought the Federal Constitution
says all powers not exclusive to the federal government are reserved for
the states.  And I'm no lawyer, but since Idaho is a state, and the Federal
government is not in the business of running a general public education
system, I thought it was State's jurisdiction to be in the schooling
business, if the state wants to be, which Idaho obviously does, given the
state's constitution.

And if the state wants to ensure that wheat gets shipped safely to mills,
and that WinCo is well stocked with cat food, I'd bet it could legally
guarantee those worthy causes as well.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843