[Vision2020] Bin Laden tape

Bill Kerr billk@moscow.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:14:07 -0800

If I was in his situation I would want the cross hairs moved off
target.  Bush is so infatuated with Iraq that he and his administration are
wanting anything to justify the war.  Somebody could send them a picture
telling them that it was of chemical weapons in Iraq and they would more
than likely have it published to bolster support.  I am expecting Bush to
start sticking his hand in his jacket and wear a funny hat.

I guess I better run out and start stocking up on supplies.

At 07:36 AM 02/12/2003 -0800, Carl Westberg wrote:

>I find it curious that an adminstration that, in the past, has pleaded
>with the networks to refrain from playing alleged Osama Bin Laden audio
>tapes on the air for fear of the tapes releasing secret coded messages to
>terrorist cells fell all over itself rushing the tape to the public's
>attention yesterday.  One wonders what Bin Laden's true motives are, he
>hates Saddam, and had to realize that the Bush administration would jump
>all over this as further proof and justification for war with Iraq.  And
>then tell us to stock up on plastic, duct tape, and
>scissors.
>
>                             Carl Westberg Jr.

Bill Kerr
billk@moscow.com